EUPRERA and the London College of Communication, University of the Arts London, are happy to announce the full programme of the EUPRERA annual congress, scheduled from Thursday October 12 to Saturday October 14 in the UK capital.
The full programme of the 3-day congress on “Public Relations and the Power of Creativity Strategic opportunities, innovation and critical challenges” includes a variety of contributions and sessions.
The congress will start with a memorial to EUPRERA’s funding father Jos Willems, passed away early this year. The opening panel will provide an overview of how creativity is transforming not only PR working practices, but the way content is created and curated. Here, the Holmes Report, one of the leading sources of news, events and reports on PR, will announce their Creativity in PR 2017 findings as part of the opening address.
A selection of 70 papers presented in parallel sessions will deal with six sub-themes of PR and creativity. Besides, 3 panel sessions will discuss “Practice Matters: People, Truth and Stories“, “Education Matters” and “Public Affairs“. A new initiative for this year will be the Educator’s Forum, to provide an opportunity to share PR teaching and learning and broaden our understanding of PR pedagogies.
Don’t miss also
- The Creative Hour, on Friday afternoon, to unleash your creative potential!
– Be a photographer
– Make a movie!
– Can you draw – comics and illustration
- The EUPRERA Hour, on Friday afternoon: not only an opportunity to know what’s going on in our association with the members’ projects and thematic networks, but also to discover the congress top papers and the publications.
– EUPRERA Best Paper Awards
– EUPRERA Best Reviewer Award
– Emerald Professional Impact Award
– Emerald publications
- The Poster Corner, available during the whole congress and supported by the authors’ presentation on Friday at lunch time.
- The Book Corner, available during the whole congress: contact the organizer to display your recent books here!
- A brilliant closing session, on Saturday morning:
– EUPRERA PhD Award for Excellent Doctoral Thesis
– EUPRERA Master Thesis Award for Excellence
– Nomination of a new EUPRERA Honorary Member
– Presentation of EUPRERA 2018 congress in Aarhus, Denmark
And have fun
- Reception at Chelsea, on Thursday evening, inspired by the work of Stanley Kubrick, world renowned film-maker and Tom Eckersley, revolutionary graphic designer.
- Gala dinner, on Friday evening: enjoy the Terrace Pavilion of the British Houses of Parliament!
- Social programme, on Saturday afternoon, with a visit and tour of Shakespeare’s Globe.
For PhD students
Don’t miss the deadline on August 21 to apply for the EUPRERA annual PhD Seminar, taking place on October 14-16, soon after the congress. A few seats are still available!
The aim of the EUPRERA PhD seminar is to provide an international setting where doctoral students within public relations and strategic communication can present their ongoing work, get feedback from experts and peers and establish a valuable network for the future. More info